Big Ups to HYPEBOT.com for doing the research on this one. During my afternoon surf, I was algorithmed towards music sites - likely because I was Googling Creative Adobe's AUDITION. HypeBot seems to be an ALL THINGS MUSIC site, so if you're about your music drop in on them. It is from their desk that I learned some pretty cool tips for Music Video producing. The author of the post is David “D4” Nguyen at D4 Music Marketing.
First create a forum where you state your intentions of creating a music video with them in it. Then you,
1. Define your concept and vision.
2. Be specific with what you want.
3. Simplify the process and give clear directions.
4. Ask for more video than you think you need.
5. Use a service like WeTransfer to send videos.
6. Inform fans about lighting.
7. Remind fans about the background.
D4 goes further in depth about each tip and WHY and HOW TO conquer it. Check it out and then add a few more points to the list. If each one teaches one, we'll all have co-produced music videos in the end.